HoneyGuide Apps, a travel and tourism startup based in Nepal, partnered with us to develop and launch its mobile-based product, trekking app in Nepal, on Android and iOS platform. We provided end to end product development solutions to the startup for planning, designing, developing and deploying their mobile applications, Web Services, and Marketing Website and also helped them to provide technical support to customers and build their in-house technical team. HoneyGuide represented Nepal in Slush Global Impact Accelerator Program 2016 and has become a pioneer travel tech startup in Nepal.
“I do not see my relationship with Suman and Nirajan and Wolfmatrix as a business relationship. They are my friends and brothers. For starters, HoneyGuide, the company I run, and Wolfmatrix started together. Hence, both the companies and the people sort of like grew together. We built the Trekking in Nepal mobile app together, and suffice it to say that it has already helped more than 30 thousand trekkers in Nepal. Sure it wasn’t easy, and we made a lot of mistakes along the way. But the thing is these guys wi...Continue reading
Ashish Shrestha, Co-founder
“I do not see my relationship with Suman and Nirajan and Wolfmatrix as a business relationship. They are my friends and brothers. For starters, HoneyGuide, the company I run, and Wolfmatrix started together. Hence, both the companies and the people sort of like grew together. We built the Trekking in Nepal mobile app together, and suffice it to say that it has already helped more than 30 thousand trekkers in Nepal.
Sure it wasn’t easy, and we made a lot of mistakes along the way. But the thing is these guys will never try to bullshit their way out of their mistakes. Sure sometimes the estimates were off, but there was no finger-pointing. Sure there were cost overruns, but both parties were able to find an amicable solution. And I believe, it is in spots that these that you realize the real character of the people you are dealing with. And boy have they grown.
It is this exact same no-nonsense and genuineness that I still see in them today. The only difference now is that they make way fewer mistakes, their estimates are spot on, and there is no such thing as cost overruns with these guys.
And to top it all off, I have always loved having product conversations with Suman who is not afraid of asking tough questions, sometimes even at the cost of losing business. For example, I distinctly remember a meeting on adding a map feature in which Suman grilled me to understand why this feature was important. He asked me if investing in some other functionality would yield a higher ROI. Honestly, I hadn’t thought through the feature and Suman made sure that I did.
Now that is the level of genuineness you can expect from these guys.
As such, you can take it from a guy who has worked really closely with these guys that they are not your average “Oh yes, of course, it can be built,” kind of technology company. They are the “Should it be built?” kind of tech company. And this is what makes them different.
I will forever be indebted to these guys for all they have done for HoneyGuide. If you are looking for smart and upfront people who will bring the best out of you and your idea, go with Wolfmatrix.”
Technical partnership to build an innovative application to trekkers in Nepal
Honey Guide is an innovative idea of incorporating technology to ease the trekking and travel journey of the user. The co-founder of Honey Guide, Mr. Ashish Shrestha contacted us with this new project idea of creating a trekking guide app. And sought our service and expertise to convert the rough idea into the actual product. The rough idea of the trekking app was to develop a mobile and web app that can help trekkers while they embark on their journey in the mountains and also a website that provides useful information about the Trekking regions in Nepal.
End to End solutions to launch the first trekking app of Nepal
We worked with Honey Guide as their technical partner to provide end to end mobile app development services, web application development services, and marketing website. Afterward, we provided the technical support to its mobile application and also helped them in building their in-house technical team.
The major outcome of the project was that we were able to develop a trekking app which met the requirement of our client. The few of the major features developed by us are:
- Simple and easy to use Navigation and Content Hierarchy
- Detailed Information on Places, Stay/Eat, Attractions, Side Trips, Trails, etc.
- Mountain Finder Feature for every Place
- Detailed Maps & Deviation; Climb, and Avalanche Alerts
- Offline Access to all the content including Maps
- Content packages for different trekking regions which can be purchased and downloaded separately
We provided them the end to end solutions
Offshore development team
- The Honey Guide’s trekking app was developed by our offshore development team in Nepal.
- A team of experts was solely dedicated to making the idea of trekking app come true
Product Strategy and Planning
- Created a low fidelity wireframe and had a ton of meeting to ensure the requirement understood by us meets their idea and requirement.
- After the requirement was finalized we started breaking it down and estimated the project’s timeline and the level of effort and resources needed.
- Created an easy to use and navigate UI/UX mobile and web app which worked on different devices like mobile phones, tablets, and desktop.
- We segmented and prioritized the feature on the basis of its feasibility, desirability, and viability.
- We further divided the task among our team and started developing it.
- Following the agile software development methodology, we had weekly sprint planning and daily stand-up.
- Also a frequent meeting and phone calls with the Honey Guide to keep them updated about the work progress.
QA and DevOps
- Our technical team takes the testing very seriously and starts it from the beginning of a project.
- In the Honey Guide project too, our technical team had a quality mindset throughout the product development cycle.
- We had written the requirements with clear acceptance criteria to create better design specifications that can be easily verified.
- We also performed unit or local testing from the beginning of a project.
- Last but not least, deployment was done at the end of each sprint using the CI and CD tools.
- After which user acceptance testing was conducted and made changes respectively in the next sprint after discussing with Honey Guide.
Maintenance and Support
- Further maintenance and support were provided to Honey Guide’s trekking app after the deployment.
- Assisted Honey Guide in building their in-house technical team and provided knowledge sharing session
Honeyguide becomes a pioneer in travel tech in Nepalese startup
The trekking app was developed and delivered on time. Also, the trekking app and Honey Guide has been widely appreciated for its service and efficiency. HoneyGuide represented Nepal in Slush Global Impact Accelerator Program 2016 and has become a pioneer travel tech startup in Nepal.
Want to work with us?
Describe what you are looking to do and we will follow up with free software consultation and quotes. We can't wait to provide you technical services that will enhance your overall business. Our team is eager to work with you as your technical partner and provide you a solution for every need of your business. Get ready to reach new heights of success with our partnership.