Ensign is an intelligence and agile compliance program which helps companies to reduce deceptive sales practices to take over accounts. It offers a certification program for Direct Sales Reps and insightful training programs. We worked with Ensign (USA) to build compliance software for home security sales representative for completing their compliance guidelines online. This platform was later acquired by a NorthStar Alarm, leading American home security and automation company. We helped both Ensign and Northstar during this transition for technology and knowledge transfer.
I do not see my relationship with Suman and Nirajan and Wolfmatrix as a business relationship. They are my friends and brothers. For starters, HoneyGuide, the company I run, and Wolfmatrix started together. Hence, both the companies and the people sort of like grew together. We built the Trekking in Nepal mobile app together, and suffice it to say that it has already helped more than 30 thousand trekkers in Nepal. Sure it wasn’t easy, and we made a lot of mistakes along the way. But the thing is these guys will never try to bullshit their way out of their mistakes. Sure sometimes the estimates were off, but there was no finger-pointing. Sure there were cost overruns, but both parties were able to find an amicable solution. And I believe, it is in spots that you realize the real character of the people you are dealing with. And boy have they grown. It is this exact same no-nonsense and genuineness that I still see in them today. The only difference now is that they make way fewer mistakes, their estimates are spot on, and there is no such thing as cost overruns with these guys. And to top it all off, I have always loved having product conversations with Suman who is not afraid of asking tough questions, sometimes even at the cost of losing business. For example, I distinctly remember a meeting on adding a map feature in which Suman grilled me to understand why this feature was important. He asked me if investing in some other functionality would yield a higher ROI. Honestly, I hadn’t thought through the feature and Suman made sure that I did. Now that is the level of genuineness you can expect from these guys. As such, you can take it from a guy who has worked really closely with these guys that they are not your average “Oh yes, of course, it can be built,” kind of technology company. They are the “Should it be built?” kind of tech company. And this is what makes them different. I will forever be indebted to these guys for all they have done for HoneyGuide. If you are looking for smart and upfront people who will bring the best out of you and your idea, go with Wolfmatrix.
Ashish Shrestha, Co-founder
Development of compliance software for home security sales representative
Ensign was looking into developing a compliance software for home security sales representative. But the lack of technical skill and knowledge was proving to be problem in developing a software. So, they were looking for an outsourcing company as an alternative. However, the lack of quality, experience and communication they couldn’t start their project with any other outsourcing company. But every company needs to abide certain laws, regulations and standards and with the help of this system, the users would be able to complete their compliance guidelines online. So, they knew there is a market for this product and couldn’t let go of this idea easily. Finally, through networks and connections they found us and gave us a call.
Ensign is a software startup which developed a product for home security sales representative
Consumer Software Startup
An end to end cloud-based fleet management software for WCL to manage their fleet business
We follow the Agile Methodology so we involved our clients in weekly meetings and handover the deliverables after completing each sprint. By using modern technologies and involving a team of dedicated and experienced Project Manager, UI designer, Mobile App, Frontend & Backend Developer, we were able to successfully deliver 3 products – WCL Fleet Management System, Driver, and Passenger Mobile App.
- The Ensign’s compliance software was developed by our offshore development team in Nepal.
- A team of experts was solely dedicated to making the idea come true
Product Strategy and Planning
- Created a low fidelity wireframe and had a ton of meeting to ensure the requirement understood by us meets their idea and requirement.
- After the requirement was finalized we started breaking it down and estimated the project’s timeline and the level of effort and resources needed.
- Created an easy to use and navigate UI/UX design which worked on all the devices which could be potentially used by their clients.
- We segmented and prioritized the feature on the basis of its feasibility, desirability, and viability.
- We further divided the task among our team and started developing it.
- Following the agile software development methodology, we had weekly sprint planning and daily stand-up.
- Also, a frequent meeting and phone call with the Ensign members to keep them updated about the work progress.
- As the client’s demand keeps on changing we did a proper analysis and conducted a meeting with the Ensign’s team members and only accepted those change which directly affects the overall project
QA and DevOps
- Our technical team takes the testing very seriously and starts it from the beginning of a project.
- In the Ensign project too, our technical team had a quality mindset throughout the product development cycle.
- We had written the requirements with clear acceptance criteria to create better design specifications that can be easily verified.
- We also performed unit or local testing from the beginning of a project.
- Last but not least, deployment was done at the end of each sprint using the CI and CD tools.
- After which user acceptance testing was conducted and changes were made respectively in the next sprint after discussing with Ensign.
Maintenance and Support
- Further maintenance and support were provided to Ensign’s compliance software after the deployment.
- After the Ensign was acquired by NorthStar Alarm, we assisted both the companies during this transition by providing technology and knowledge transfer.
Product Strategy and Planning, UI/UX Design, Application Development, QA and DevOps, Maintenance and Support, Technical Team Outsourcing
2014 – Current
Symfony PHP Framework, jQuery, MySQL
4 (strategists and developers)
Do you have a business idea but no technical knowledge?
We can transform your ideas into reality with our innovative technical solution and partnership.
Platform was acquired by NorthStar Alarm
The idea and the end product was very useful for the home security sales representative. Later on, due to the software’s effectiveness, it was acquired by a NorthStar Alarm, a leading American home security and automation company. Now the product is being used by the NorthStar Alarm team members.